Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thom's Top 25 Songs of 2010


We're less than a week from Christmas, so it's high time we started our barrage of year-end lists. As usual, I'll start the jamboree off with my favorite songs of the year (which I hope Jake and I Jeneen contribute to this year, rather than only album lists). Before I get to the list, though, I have big news! Jake, Jeneen, myself, and two SPECIALS GUESTS (no one famous, so temper your enthusiasm) will be having a special edition round table podcast on our favorite music of the year! That should drop sometime in the next week or two, and it should have lots of drama, disagreement, and yelling. Regardless, here are my favorite songs of 2010:

25. The Wrestle - Frightened Rabbit

24. How I Got Over (feat. Dice Raw) - The Roots

23. Wide Eyes - Local Natives

22. Ramona - Beck

21. Giving Up The Gun - Vampire Weekend

20. Wait Up (Boots of Danger) - Tokyo Police Club

19. Angela Surf City - The Walkmen

18. Rapping 2 U (feat. Lakutis) - Das Racist

17. Learned to Surf - Superchunk

16. Congratulations - MGMT

15. Fool's Day - Blur

14. Infinity Guitars - Sleigh Bells

13. Little Golden Age - Wolf Parade

12. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - Arcade Fire

11. Norway - Beach House

10. Coronado - Deerhunter

9. Afraid of Everyone - The National

8. Floating Vibes - Surfer Blood

7. POWER - Kanye West

6. Dancing On My Own - Robyn

5. Fuck You - Cee-Lo

4. Tightrope (feat. Big Boi) - Janelle Monae

3. On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz

2. Shutterbug (Feat. Cutty) - Big Boi

1. All I Want - LCD Soundsystem

No comments: