Monday, June 28, 2010

Lucky Number Harry Potter Slevin

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&from=sp&vid=f2822d1e-af61-45f5-b674-f3f697170e3d" target="_new" title="'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Trailer">Video: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Trailer</a>

So I was watching this trailer and "hey, this might actually be good. I know the book was the worst one, but still." Then I heard Daniel Radcliffe talk and I was just like "eeeeehhhh, no thanks." Then I remembered my reading the Harry Potter books and I realized, I never formulated a specific image for Voldemort. In the flashback of the murder of Harry's parents I imagined a baby looking at a black cloak drifting away. And when he was living on the back of Quirrell's head I just imagined a booming voice, not a disfigured face. From then on I would just imagine a dark presence whenever Voldemort was mentioned. I realize that is just personal preference, but I feel like a hooded creature would have been much more menacing than a pale guy with no nose.

The fact that they broke this into two parts really upsets me. You would think that with four hours of footage, rather than two, we would get to see more of what happens in the book, but we won't. It was just a ploy to get more money. You can't really blame them, after all, Ke$ha is the director and Ke$ha <3's $.

No comments: