Thursday, December 4, 2008

We're back, after a long holiday break! Guess what? THE GRAMMYS DON'T SUCK SO MUCH THIS YEAR!

I am so surprised at the album of the year nominations that I can barely think right now. Whoa. In case you haven't seen them, here they are:

Radiohead - In Rainbows (Metacritic Score: 88/100)
Coldplay - Viva La Vida (72)
L'il Wayne - Tha Carter III (82)
Ne-Yo - Year of the Gentleman (79)
Allison Krauss and Robert Plant - Raising Sand (87)


What? These actually make sense! Radiohead and the Krauss/Plant collab. unequivocally deserve to be on there. The others, while debateable, still have the right to stake some kind of claim! Tha Carter is a solid record, Viva La Vida saw Coldplay try to be interesting (and I'll admit, I like it. Violet Hill is great) and Ne-Yo is good at what he does. But seriously? They ACTUALLY nominated Radiohead? I never DREAMED that would happen. Wow. I'm blown away.

Song of the Year

Adele - "Chasing Pavements"
Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
Leona Lewis - "Bleeding Love"
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - "Please Read The Letter"

PAPER PLANES! It had better win. Seriously, it had better win.


I'm sure my hopes will be destroyed when Coldplay wins best album and Adele somehow wins best song. Or, come to think of it, Coldplay. Viva La Vida was one of the worst songs on that album. It's no Violet Hill (which is nominated for best rock single).


No comments: