Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm Not Done, Across the Universe. You Deserve This.

I can't let it off the hook. I know I just tore it apart, but this was so awful. Okay, first they establish that one-dimensional Prudence likes Evan Rachel Wood for no reason. They explain this with the song "I wanna hold your hand."



Wow, that was terrible. Notice that the football players are also apparently pro wrestlers? Great job, Across the Universe! Bravo!

Oh, also, Evan Rachel Wood's character's name: Lucy. Can't believe I forgot to include that. Guess what song they play in reference to her? Also, the Jimi Hendrix allusion's name is Jojo. I think they meant to write him in with a musical number, but then forgot about it. They were probably too busy dropping acid and/or smoking pot while procrastinating to write the script until the day it was due (because that's the only way a movie could be written this badly) to remember to add it in when they finally had to write shit. Once again, bravo!

Finally, this scene made me collapse in a fit of pure hatred when it came on. Holy crap. Also, to preface this, it's important to note that Jude's art is supposed to be an important part of the movie, even though they only mention it like once. Then Lucy "calls him out" for doing his stupid art and not rioting with her. I'm pretty sure he was making anti-war art the whole freaking movie, so I'm not sure what the writers were thinking with that one. Oh, wait! That's right, they weren't, just like how they didn't put any thought into any other part of this fucking disaster of a movie. Anyway, here's the scene I hate:



I think the thing that really kills me about this movie is that people that love musicals immediately rally to defend the indefensible. Any self respecting fan of musicals or the Beatles should immediately think this is terrible. Well, guess not.

Anyway, I think that's enough. For now...

Revised Verdict: High School Musical 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments: