Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Survivor 22: Redemption Island


Tonight is the premiere of the 22nd season of Survivor. It seems like the last one just ended, but whatever. Survivor is by far my favorite reality show (Sorry, the Jersey Shore/the Real World). The premise stays basically the same season to season and the interactions between the people and the alliances formed/broken are are always interesting. The social aspect of the game is always overlooked, and that's my favorite part of the game. That's also the main reason Russell can't win the game. He's a jerk, and I don't think anyone would argue that. He could be a nice guy in real life, but as for survivor, he is despicable. He's also my favorite person ever to be on survivor. As Jef Probst said in this season's preview "Russell is one of the most evil people to ever play survivor, but also one of the most successful." He came in second and third place in the two seasons he was on the show. Now he's back (as is Bawston Rawb) and I couldn't be more excited. It's always a good season when people return (except Fans vs. Favorites. That was stupid). All Stars was great, because it was everyone's favorites back again. And Heroes vs. Villains was the best season since the early years. I'm not sure what the idea behind bring Russell and Bawston Rawb back was, but I like it. I hope they bring someone from an earlier game back every season.
This season is called Redemption Island because the people voted out get a chance to return later in the game, but have to fight the other most recent person voted out, or something, until the merge maybe. I'm not sure exactly how this is going to work. I do know that someone will be on their own island, which should be great because isolation is always interesting.

No comments: