Sunday, February 21, 2010

World's Greatest Dad is a movie you should watch


Last night I was sitting in my room with nothing to do. Curling was done for the day, any video game couldn't hold my concentration and i had about 2 hours before I had anything to do. So I logged into Netflix and "World's Greatest Dad" was the first movie on my instant queue. I decided to watch it because I've been meaning to watch it for quite some time. So I watched it. Let me tell you, it was good. The movie stars Robin Williams, and who doesn't love Robin Williams? This is my new favorite Robin Williams movie, second would be Jumangi obviously. The movie was written AND directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, who I've always hated because of the episode of "The Ben Stiller Show" he was on. But this movie was really good, and his cameo was hilarious. So I no longer hate him. The kid from Spy Kids is also in this. I didn't realize it was the same kid until I saw his imdb page. He did a great job at being the exact opposite of a Kid's movie character. For example, one of his lines is, after Robin Williams' character asks him what he's passionate about, "I like looking at vaginas. All. day. long." That never would have been said in Spy Kids*. I knew nothing about the movie other than Bobcat Goldthwiat made it and Robin Williams was in it, and it was good. So I'm not going to tell you the plot, because I think that would ruin it. I'll tell you, Robin Williams plays a struggling writer. Going into this movie (or really any movie) blind is a great idea, because you'll never know what's going to happen and you won't be waiting for something to happen. I highly suggest this. (You should know, it's very dark humor. VERY dark.) 9/10

*Spy Kids 4 is in the works, last I heard. From wikipedia "The fourth film will be released in either 2010 or 2011. Robert Rodriguez has confirmed that filming will begin in March 2010. The film will be a reboot to the series, and will feature new kids in a much bigger story."

No comments: