Friday, February 19, 2010

Black Kids are this generation's Bob Dylan.

I'm sitting here on my dorm room floor listening to the acclaimed "Black Kids." Let me tell you, not only is the synthesizing LITERALLY AMAZING, but not over used AT ALL. It's too bad these kids only have one album (I think.) I'm in love with them. You may know this band from they're song "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you." If you've never heard this song, seriously look it up. It's incredible. it's all about how this guy isn't going to teach your boyfriend how to dance with you. Clever, huh? Look at some of these lyrics:

From "Hit the Heartbrakes" (get it?!?!):

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Call the ghost in your underwear.

Oh, boo, what can I do?
It's not me, yeah, it's you.
You've been hittin' the heartbrakes hard.

From "Listen to your body":

Alright, hello?
(Hello, this is your body.)
What do you want, my body?
(I wanna feel somebody on me.)

From "Partie Traumatic":

Yes, your father, he had it
For us it's automatic
Yes, it's magic, dance magic
Oh, it's partie traumatic
Do it!

Oh, this planet is static
It's not our demographic
We are steppin' galactic
And just a bit satanic

RHYMING! I promise you, in 40 years Bob Dylan will be eclipsed by the lyrics of The Black Kids.


My personal favorite:

No comments: