Friday, February 5, 2010

Oscar nominations!

In regular KoolThingzzz form we're here to tell you about things that happened days ago, which is like years in technology years (?). So the oscars nominations came out a week ago or so. Here are my predictions/rant about how much I hate Avatar.

Best Picture:

Avatar

ugh. Seriously, the more I think about this movie the more I hate it. Yeah, great effects. Also, terrible story. Also, it's 4 years long.

Inglourious Basterds

Nobody doesn't love Quentin Tarintino. He's the Sara Lee of film-making.

Up in the Air

I definitely saw this movie. yep.

The Hurt Locker

Favorite movie from this year. This better (and probably will) win.

Precious: Based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire

I will only be happy if it is mentioned by its full name whenever mentioned.

Up

Up is only the second animated film to be nominated for Best Picture.

An Education

I unfortunately missed this one, but I've heard very good things.

A Serious Man

Woot! Coen Brothers!

The Blind Side

really? REALLY? Was the academy just looking for a tenth movie to nominate?

District 9

My favorite movie of the year, until I saw The Hurt Locker


As long as The Blind Side and Avatar don't win I'll be happy.



Best Director:

Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker

Its not Avatar, so I'm happy.

James Cameron, Avatar

"MUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH! I'm James Cameron! I made Avatar! It took ten years and lotsa money!! MUUUUUHHH!'

Jason Reitman, Up in the Air

This guy seems like a guy who would be cool to hang out with who also happens to make movies people like.

Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds

I'm so conflicted when it comes to Quentin Tarintino. He makes great movies, but he is also one of the most annoying people in the world. Watch any interview with him ever.

Lee Daniels, Precious: based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire

ugh.

Best Adapted Screenplay:

An Education, Nick Hornby

oooh, Nick Hornby!

District 9, Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell

Aliens and story! (unlike Avatar, which is all like "Aliens and look! the moss lights up when you step on it!"

Precious, Geoffrey Fletcher

no.

Up in the Air, Jason Rietman and Sheldon Turner

I wish I had seen this.

In the Loop, Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci and Tony Roche

I don't know anyone who actually saw this movie.

Best Original Screenplay:

THe Hurt Locker, Mark Boal

!!!

Inglorious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino

!!!

A Serious Man, Joel and Ethan Coen

!!!

Up, Bob Peterson and Pete Docter

!!!

The Messenger, Alessandro Camon and Oren Moverman

???

Animated Feature:

Coraline

Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Princess and the Frog

The Secret of Kells

Up


Since Up is the only one nominated for Best Picture, shouldn't that win? Unless you count the animation style, in which case Fantastic Mr. Fox might win.

2 comments:

TheMidtownFritz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheMidtownFritz said...

Very good things is true...

You mention having missed "An Education"...well...if you still haven't seen it and aren't opposed to possible movie-theft, check this website out:

http://www.watch-movies.net.in/play_new.php?si=596122&s=1&tra_st=0&u=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dy5tZWdhdmlkZW8uY29tJTJGdiUyRkNKSDJRTzlaZjJiOWZjZGEyMzFkMzVjNTRkMWZjZWRhNDcyYmNjNmE=&host=megavideo&mi=An-Education-2009