Monday, August 31, 2009

The White Stripes are creeping

I've always had a problem with ranking The White Stripes in my top 10 favorite bands. (To be completely honest I freak out over ranking them after the top 3) I for some reason feel like they haven't done enough as musicians. Six albums seems like a lot for only 12 years (Radiohead only has 7 albums and they've been around since 1985), but I still, for some reason, feel like they're a band who is just bursting onto the scene with only a couple albums under their red, white and black belt. I love everything they do. I find Jack and Meg White to be two of the most interesting people ever who also happen to make fantastic music, but for some reason I can't place I don't feel comfortable ranking them where they deserve to be. It's probably because I think of them as a band within a story, rather than a story within a band. And much respect is deserved for creating that persona. The White Stripes really should be one of my top 5 favorite artists, but unfortunately aren't.


This video is one of the best videos ever. LOVE IT!

I know "Get Behind Me Satan" isn't a favorite among hardcore White Stripe fans but I love it. I'm a sucker for piano (Are you taking notes, ladies?) I have a girlfriend now. (Are you taking notes, ladies?)

P.S. This was originally going to be a post highlighting those two videos. I got really into it though.

No comments: