Monday, December 7, 2009

Go forth, pioneers! or not

I'm not sure how I feel about this new ad campaign from Levi's. The ad is just random people doing things that, out of context, seem really cool. Like that guy who is hitting a stick against a fence. How cool is that? It's pretty cool, believe me. I know cool. Then there's that girl in the field at night. That's pretty cool too. If you haven't seen any of the ads, here:
The only thing going for it is the poem. I like the poem, because I'm a pretentious hipster. The poem is by Walt Whitman and really is quite good. But the random shots of cool people doing cool things upsets me. It's just good editing, those people aren't actually cool. It reminds me a lot of those Smirnoff (maybe) commercials about super cool people impulsively putting on ska concerts in the sewers, because of how people would be interested in that. Those commercials bothered me too. Overall, I don't really like these pioneers commercials, but god dammit that guys voice is nice(halfsclamation point)

No comments: